We all have lots of questions about what school will look like in September. We will closely watch the Oregon Department of Education Early Learning Division and follow their guidelines for safe reopening. Right now, class sizes are limited to 10 students at Calvary due to ELD guidelines and because our classroom space is small and we want to take every precaution we can. We still have months before school opens so we may see a lot of change in that time.
Based on current information from the Oregon Department of Education Early Learning Division, masks will be required for children aged 3 and up. We will begin our year with all adults and children wearing masks indoors.
We will follow guidance from Oregon Department of Education Early Learning Division for cleaning and sanitizing protocols and Covid-19. As air transmission has been identified as a main cause of infection we will plan to spend more time outside, increase airflow in the classrooms and look to improve air filtration.
Heath Screening: We are required to do a health screening every day for every child and teacher who comes to school. This includes taking your child's temperature and asking the adult dropping off about health status and possible Covid exposure. Any child exhibiting symptoms of disease will be sent home. We will have detailed plans for families regarding our health screening prior to school starting.
We can't wait to get back into the classroom with your students. We know that some of you have missed out on a year of preschool instruction and some of you are just beginning your preschool journey. We plan to provide the same quality education that we have always provided to students and we don't think that current Covid restrictions (as of May 2021) will prevent us from having a great year full of fun and learning. Some things that may look different:
- Children will be encouraged to maintain some social distancing. That may mean they are put in play groups for free play time rather than allowed to roam the classroom freely. This is something we've used as a tool before when we've had a particularly rowdy class and it in no way inhibits children from being social and playing with toys.
- As of now, children are still not allowed to share supplies like crayons, playdough and paint brushes. That means that children will have their own bucket of art supplies. We think they will love having supplies of their own.
- As of now, parents are not allowed inside the building for drop-off. So, drop off for classes may look different for a while.
- Classes are smaller and will only have one teacher. An assistant teacher will be on hand to float between classes for bathroom emergencies and other situations that need a second staff member.
- Classes won't mix at any time. They won't share bathrooms or be on the playground together.
As of July 2015, Oregon law requires schools to publish vaccination rates. Listed below are the Immunization and Nonmedical Exempation rates for the 2017-18 school year.
Adjusted enrollment for 2017-18 school year: 64 students
DTaP 94% Varicella 97% Heb B 92% Hib 91%
Polio 94% MMR 97% Hep A 95%
% of students complete for all vaccinations: 91%
% of medical exemptions: 0%
Please reach out with any questions you have about preschool. You can call the director at 503-341-6416 or email firstname.lastname@example.org